Monday, February 18, 2013

Del Paso Park Loop

You may have driven by this urban trail previously, and not even noticed it. There's not much to look at here, except for a pond that feeds a nearby creek - which was dry when I walked around it this week with my kids.

The trail is well traveled and is labeled as a bridle trail for the nearby horse stables, and is buried deep enough in the park that you don't notice you're in the city on the northern side of the loop. My favorite aspect of this trail is that it's ±1.0 miles long if you take just the loop portion you can work out a ride of any length of time, trying to break record each time for your best lap on the Strava.com segment labeled SacCX#2 Straights

In previous explorations I had followed the trail underneath the Capital City Freeway & Watt Avenue overpasses, but I would not recommend this route as i got stuck in the sand and found myself face to face with a shady homeless camp. The trail to the east of park road seems much less "homelessy", but does carry evidences of clothing and overnight camps in the offshoot trails.


No comments:

Post a Comment